The Miller Relief Step Safety Device alleviates the effects of orthostatic intolerance, also known as suspension trauma. If a fall occurs, a person becomes suspended in a harness and remains both vertical and sedentary for a period of time, causing blood to “pool” in the veins of the legs. Subsequently, blood is restricted to the brain and other major organs that may initially result in unconsciousness. If not rescued promptly, serious injury or death may occur. The Miller Relief Step is designed to provide a short-term solution for alleviating suspension trauma.
- OSHA states that potentially fatal suspension trauma can occur within minutes while waiting for rescue after a fall
- Average fall rescue time is 15 minutes
- When used, the Relief Step Safety Device provides support and enhances blood circulation until rescue – permitting the ability to move and flex leg muscles
- Small and lightweight; the Relief Step Safety Device attaches to any brand full-body harness
- Utilizing two (2) Relief Steps (one for each leg/foot) assures greater comfort until rescue is completed