FR89 BIZFLAME 88/12 SHIRT 7.0oz
ASTM F1959/F1959M-12 ATPV 8.2 CAL/CM2 (HAF 69.1%)
Fabric Conforms to NFPA 70E and NFPA 212
Powerful Performance – Remarkable Comfort
Bizflame 88/12 guarantees high performance and maximum comfort. Premium-level flame-resistant 88% high-grade cotton with added 12% Nylon fibers. The high cotton content provides an ultra soft feel while the nylon offers excellent abrasion and tear resistance.
Portwest BizFlame value/quality proposition
- Bizflame gives full flame resistance protection. This fabric enables Portwest to offer a high-value product at a lower price point than expensive fabrics using aramid or modacrylic fibers.
- Portwest is a vertical company. All our flame-resistant workwear is produced in our own factory, employing over 1,000 machinists. This ensures 100% control over every stage of the production process from components to finished product.
- Extreme reliability and durability against failure
- Outstanding flame-resistant cotton performance
- Excellent high-tensile strength
- Advanced, built-in anti-static properties using interwoven carbon fiber.
- Superior job-rated abrasion and tear resistance
- Market-leading colorfastness and fade resistance in harsh conditions
- Enhanced breathability and moisture wicking properties
- Exceeds international safety standards
- Extensively tested to achieve high ATPV ratings for electric arc protection.
- Safety excellence award for flame-resistant cotton high-visibility garments
- Class-beating fluorocarbon and insect repellent finishes
- ARC2 (Previously HRC2)
- Dual hazard protection
- Guaranteed flame resistance for life of garment
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Adjustable button cuffs
- Shirt tail hem stays tucked in
- Color: Navy or Gray
- Two front pockets
Bizflame 88/12 7 oz
Available in the following sizes:
This standard specifies the minimum performance requirements and test methods for flame resistant fabric and components and the design certification requirements for garments for use in areas at risk from flash fires.
Flame resistant fabrics must pass a comprehensive list of thermal tests including the following:
- ASTM 2700- Heat Transfer Performance Test
- ASTM D641- Vertical Flammability Test
- ASTM F1930-11- Thermal Manikin Test
- FTMS 191A- Thread Melting Resistance Test
This standard standard addresses electrical safety related work practices for employee workplaces and requires employees working on or near energized parts and equipment to wear flame resistant clothing that meets the requirements of ASTM F1506.